ESPY Golf Swing Coach App- Sports Psychology
The ESPY Golf Swing Coach App offers the golfer a different perspective to improve their golf game without the need of learning new concepts. The golfer is utilizing existing motor skills that have already been developed. The golfer is not limited by developing new techniques from golf lessons or mindless hours on the driving range. App, or Apperception, is a part of sports psychology that deals with the ability for the athlete to assimilate existing techniques. The golfer is able to use existing motor skills and techniques which have already been refined in sequence for reliable golf swing using muscle memory. This develops an autopilot-type golf swing the golfer is able to engage.
The ESPY Golf Swing Coach App is based solely on muscle memory, rather than trying to maintain swing thoughts. There are certain disadvantages of using swing thoughts in golf. Swing thoughts are actions of the golfer’s conscious mind, while muscle memory is a response of the golfer’s subconscious mind. Listed below are seven reasons why sports psychologists focus their efforts on the athlete’s subconscious mind for improving performance:
- The subconscious mind does not differentiate between visualizations and real situations.
- The longer the subconscious mind believes something, the harder will it be to alter this belief in any way.
- The subconscious mind feels that time passes faster.
- The greater the conscious (reaction) is, the less the subconscious mind’s response is in performance.
- What you expect tends to be realized.
- The subconscious mind always prevails in conflict with the conscious mind.
- Existing routines can be used to program the subconscious mind.
Golfer’s Muscle Memory
The ESPY Golf Swing Coach App has a major advantage in the golfer’s game by applying these seven principles to allow the golfer to train their mind as a swing coach. The ESPY Golf Swing Coach App system develops a repeatable and consistent golf swing, based on the following concepts of how the subconscious mind functions:
- The subconscious mind cannot distinguish between visualization of going through three (S-P-Y) elements in the mind and actually executing the same S-P-Y elements in reality. This is due to four mentally applied checkpoints (Q-MACs) in Section 4.4 of The ESPY Golf Swing Coach.
- The ESPY Golf Swing Coach App is based on the fundamentals that are well-established in the golfer’s mind, based on the baseball-type swing. These are fine motor-skills developed at a young age, similar to riding a bicycle. Once you learn, you don’t forget.
- The key is to slow down the pace of the game. This allows the golfer to establish tempo in the game, where the golfer feels they have more control over the takeaway and the downswing. The subconscious mind doesn’t perceive time the same way as the conscious mind does.
- The natural impediment to the subconscious mind’s muscle memory is the conscious mind’s actions with swing thoughts.
- Perception is reality to the golfer. The subconscious mind doesn’t distinguish between positive or negative beliefs. If you think you can or can’t, you’re right in both cases.
- The subconscious mind wins the conflict between a new technique in the conscious mind and the routine in the subconscious mind.
- The baseball-type swing can be used to program the subconscious mind by just presetting the wrists with the Sync and Preset maneuvers, using the wristbands in the Lock position noted below. The wristbands are critical to synchronize the lower forearms (wristbands) with the wrists.
These seven concepts of The ESPY Golf Swing Coach App can provide the golfer with confidence, which is key to relax the conscious mind. This allows the subconscious mind to perform flawlessly during practice or course play.