The QATSPY Sports Page 4 Golfers
Golf Swing 101: Based on the Vivekananda Principle, an Outlier Golf Swing Technique
Basic Golf Swing 101 should include a few essential principles that every golfer should know and can take to the course with them. It is critical for one moment that the golfer has the ability to focus, stop thinking, and trust their golf swing sequence and routine. This is similar to the baseball batter stepping into the batter’s box. For one moment of time, the batter has the ability to step into their world and focus on one thing only and stop thinking about anything else.
The biggest obstacle to developing this type of golf swing technique is that the golfer finds it difficult to trust their routine. One reason for this difficulty is that they sense that the conditions aren’t the same as their practice sessions. They aren’t relaxed, nor are they confident in their golf swing sequence enough to make confident and consistent golf shots. The golfer also finds it difficult to focus on the objective or their procedure.
These symptoms that the golfer experiences can be identified and remedied from a quote from Caddyshack made by Ty Webb to Danny Noonan: I’m going to give you a little advice. There’s a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
How to apply the Be the Ball quote is described by the Vivekananda Principle, as I like to refer to as an Outlier golf swing technique. This one principle can improve your approach to your golf game and your performance in executing your golf swing sequence. Swami Vivekananda stated that the way to one’s success is:
Swami Vivekananda Principle: Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life– think of it, dream of it, live that idea. Let the brain, muscle, nerves, every part of your body, be filled of that idea, and leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
The Vivekananda’s Principle can be broken down and applied to the golf swing sequence in this manner, starting at the golfer’s conscious level, proceeding to the subconscious level, and finally becoming a part of the golfer’s permanent mind level.
The Outlier Process to the Reliable and Repeatable Classic Golf Swing
The golfer can take Vivekananda’s quote and develop what I call an Outlier, an unconventional approach to their golf swing coaching technique. Here’s how the golfer can break down and apply Vivekananda’s quote to their golf game:
- Take up one idea– Focus on one idea, or golf swing sequence, that is natural and consistent with how the body works and can function at its maximum level. Anything that isn’t natural, or ergonomic, can’t be consistent or replicated by the body, time-after-time. Your takeaway swing can be manipulated, but the downswing can’t be.
- Make that one idea your life– think of it– Think or study the basic elements of the golf swing and the proper golf swing sequence. According to Kinesiology, called Threshold Muscles, in the golf swing the low-threshold muscles should precede the high-threshold muscles. This means that the wrists and lower forearm muscles should precede the arm (upper arm), shoulders, torso, and lower body muscles. If this doesn’t occur, the golfer will experience either injuries and inefficiencies, or both. This means that the golfer wants to preset their wrists before the core muscles are set. Sir Nick Faldo has a great YouTube video that demonstrates this golf swing technique: The “Faldo” Pre-Set Drill – Perfect Top of Backswing Position.
NOTE: A great image, or idea, to create in your mind of the Sync/Preset position is the wrists placed in the Lock Position, shown above. This Lock Position is established before the handle of the golf club is taken to the top position. My next article that will be published on August 2, 2018, will cover techniques the golfer can use to place their wrists into the critical Lock Position demonstrated by Sir Nick Faldo and in the above illustration.
The title of my next article due out on Wednesday, August 01, 2018, is: Radial Sync/Preset Golf Swing Sequence Tech
- dream of it, live that idea– Once the golfer has developed the basic elements to preset the wrists and golf swing sequence, focus and visualize each element. The golf swing sequence should only contain three or four elements. Any more will cause the golfer to start thinking in the batter’s box. Schedule times during the day that you use these elements to develop drills and training aids that allow the golfer to preset and execute the takeaway and down swing. I refer to my 405- Training Drill as relief exercises, for 10- minutes during a 12-hour period. Swinging the forearms and arms can actually improve blood flow and oxygen to the brain. This improves mental and physical capabilities.
The First three bullets are conscious functions, the next two procedure bullets program the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is trained and programmed by:
- live that idea. Let the brain, muscle, nerves, every part of your body, be filled of that idea– The relief exercises that are deliberate and based on reps that do not deviate from one rep to the next rep are essential. These reps become so instinctive that the muscle remembers them without even thinking. It is essential that these reps in the golf swing sequence are natural, where the conscious mind is confident and can focus on WHAT, the target or objective, not the HOW. The HOW is the golfer’s golf swing sequence that consists of 80 percent of the golfer presetting their wrists. The golf swing sequence becomes as natural as walking, so you don’t even think about walking.
- and leave every other idea alone.– Once a routine and golf swing sequence are established and become instinctive, the golfer doesn’t deviate from their routine or golf swing sequence. A great way to trigger the golf swing sequence is the wrist action in the golf swing, or the preset component. Sir Nick Faldo, in his YouTube video, discusses this very point. The preset component is almost like going to the Xerox copying machine and pressing the GREEN button to make an exact copy of your ideal golf swing sequence.
Consider your presetting the wrist action in the golf swing sequence as your GREEN BUTTON. The original that is placed on the glass is your golf swing mechanics, techniques, and golf swing sequence. This is in the memory of the machine, which is the subconscious mind. The copying machine memory consists of motor skills and muscle memory that are natural. Trust your GREEN BUTTON, once you step into your batter’s box on the golf course, and just focus on the ball, and Be the Ball!
To develop your GREEN BUTTON, the golf swing sequence and wrist action in the golf swing , purchase your copy of The ESPY Golf Swing Coach from the links below, or visit your local bookstore:
My book can also be purchased at Edwin Watts Golf Store in Jackson, Mississippi. Phone No. 601-956-8784
820 East County Line Road, Ridgeland, MS 39157
My book can also be purchased on-line at:
To help develop a more effective golf training exercise in your backyard or vacant field, I would recommend purchasing a dozen or more of the Almost Golf Balls® from LIBERTY Health Supply. Please select one of the products below to purchase these golf balls that simulate the actual golf ball without the concern for property damage or personal injury to others. These balls only travel a third of the distance of an actual golf ball.
Pack of 10:
Pack of 36:
If you use the Promo Code: ALMOSTGOLF you will receive free shipment on any order of Almost Golf Balls® from LIBERTY Health Supply.
I have a utility bag full of these Almost Golf Balls that I practice with three to four hours per day, four days per week.
Health and Fitness Program Golf Exercise for Power
This book is based on a self-coaching forum (ASPEN Pyramid). The ASPEN Self-Coaching Technique provides the beginner and advanced single-digit handicap golfer with a safe, ergonomic classic golf swing mechanics. The ASPEN forum for coaching golf provides basic skills for more power and control in the golf swing sequence without debilitating injuries that are common with some modern-day golf swings. As part of The ESPY Golf Swing Coach forum is a workout program that includes golf exercises with medicine ball designed especially for golfers.
I have also included a FREE SR925 Diet program that anyone can access, where I lost over 40 pounds and 7.5-inches in my waist within nine-months. I went from 37.5 inches in November of 2014 down to 30.0 inches in July of 2015 with the effective SR925 Diet Program that I developed, see detailed below.
Please take advantage of my SR925 Diet Program, where I lost 6 inches in my waist in 3- months (FREE of CHARGE) with the CASPER Fitness Program, detailed in Section 20 of my book, great golf swing workout:
One component in my CASPER Fitness Program that I follow is using a Medicine Ball golf swing workout to perform what I call Stocking the Shelves, illustrated below in the figure:
A part of the CASPER Fitness Program are golf exercises with medicine ball – that includes Stocking the Selves and medicine ball exercises Burpees. For endurance and a full body workout, I also include a boxing glove-punching bag exercise.
Please include an exercise routine in your weekly schedule.
Additional Motivation to Develop a Fitness Program
If you need addition motivation, which the subconscious mind works from and consist of 90 percent of the classic golf swing, include a fitness and exercise program designed for the golfer daily schedule. This type of exercise provides the critical overload underload training to improve the golfer’s power and speed in the golfer’s game, please look at another golf fitness enthusiast: The Fit Golfer Girl
Operation DOG TAG
Sports, such as golf, along with fitness and an exercise regimen that includes yoga, has been proven to be a great Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for trauma victims. Veterans and those who have experienced a traumatic situation where the mind has been traumatized and disrupted can use golf and yoga to help re-establish connection and pathways in the brain. Golf, like Operation DOG TAG, also provides an excellent opportunity for trauma victims to reconnect in a social setting to develop a dialogue without the pressures of clinical visits.
Section 2- Operation DOG TAG | Objectives and Scope
Section 3- Operation DOG TAG| STRUCTURE GUIDELINES
ESPY Golf Swing Coach- Rhythm Without the Blues
ESPY Golf Swing Coach- ESPY Golf App Develops the golfer’s Rhythm w/o creating the golfer’s Blues. The ESPY Golf Swing helps the golfer establish the correct wrist action in golf swing demonstrated by David Duval in an interview with Charlie Rymer on Golf Channel.
Also, learning The ESPY Golf Swing Coach process is an excellent way to develop natural Rhythm without experiencing the Blues in your golf game to build confidence; learn how to take your baseball-style swing from the batter’s box to the tee box.
THE LOCKER ROOM a source for golf tips
Please visit “The Locker Room” for an Index of all my golf articles to improve your golf game and life. Discover how you can take your baseball swing from the batter’s box to the tee box.
Learn How to take your baseball-style golf swing from the batter’s box to the tee box.
Time-lapse photography that I reviewed during my Kinesiology Xerox Box Golf Research Project compared the golf swing vs. baseball swing and how similar the Sync/Preset wrist action in the golf swing was to the baseball swing sequence.
Here’s the QUESTION: How many times standing in the batter’s box did you think about your golf swing mechanics, techniques, or elements. Your were only focused on the pitch. Why don’t use the same Outlier technique in golf.
Sir Nick Faldo demonstration of the Preset Golf Swing Technique
One of Sir Nick Faldo’s first golf swing fundamentals that he learned as demonstrated in this YouTube video entitled The Preset golf swing technique. Nick Faldo discussed the WHAT, but didn’t explained the HOW in his YouTube video.
The Sync/Preset Elements in The ESPY Golf Swing Coach explains how to setup the classic golf swing maneuver to place the wrists into the key Lock Position. This was the same golf swing technique used by David Duval during an interview with Charlie Rymer on Golf Channel. These two Videos are probably two of the best Videos to discuss the wrist action in the golf swing.
For Comments or questions please contact me at 1-888-514-1228 Mon – Fri from 9 am to 4 pm CT Zone.
A Recommendation for your Golf Game:
I would like to recommend an interesting radio program that I regularly listen to originating from my home state Arkansas on my I-Heart Radio app on KARN 102.9 FM station, out of Little Rock. They air a golf show called Arkansas Fairways and Greens, at 7:00 AM CT each Saturday morning, hosted by Bob Steel, and co-hosted by Jay Fox and Charles Crowson. Bob occasionally as has his guess Alex Myers with Golf Digest and Ron Sirak with Golf Channel. I was interviewed on his show about my book, The ESPY Golf Swing Coach. This show is worth tuning into for golf news and information.
Jay Fox is an Administrator with Arkansas State Golf Association that discuss amateur golf and rules of the game.
Once you learn WHY, you don’t forget HOW!
Two decisions that you can make for yourself and your kids are to get a copy of my book and place the book and a golf club into their hands. You will never look back, but only forward. You will not miss with this for yourself and/or your kids.